Bed Bug Plug FAQ’s
How do I set up my Bed Bug Plug?
- Remove all contents from packaging.
- Select 2 adhesive strips. Peel the backing and attach to the bottom of Bed Bug Plug early detection device.
- Peel the second sheet from the adhesive strip, already attached to Bed Bug Plug early detection device.
Note that the adhesive strips will adhere to cloth surfaces only. They will not stick to walls and other hard surfaces. Ensure the surface where the device is to be placed is clean and dry. Attach to the surface with adhesive strips. For best results, install the device in the vertical orientation, with the power cord connected at the bottom. Press and hold for 10 seconds to secure the adhesive.
- Bed Bug Plug early detection device should be installed in the area you would like to protect. For best results, the device should be near a bed or sleeping area. Ensure the cartridge and adhesive strips are installed per instructions for proper operation of the device
- Remove the plastic outer packaging of the glue cartridge and recycle. Use caution not to touch the glue pad.
The glue cartridge is installed by sliding it into the cavity under the device. The cartridge will snap into position cartridge can only be installed in one orientation with the floor contacting the solid surface.
- To remove the cartridge, push from the side and pull out of the device. Glue cartridges should be replaced every 90 days to ensure proper adhesive characteristics. To order replacement cartridges, click here.
Is Bed Bug Plug scientifically proven to work?
Bed Bug Plug has been scientifically proven in studies to detect bed bugs better than other bed bug detection devices and products such as messy glue traps. In independent studies, Bed Bug Plug outperformed all other devices in the study.
How many Bed Bug Plugs do I need in my home?
Although you can use just one Bed Bug Plug, ideally to detect bed bugs before they become a problem, you want to put a bed bug plug in every bedroom of the home. If you have small children or live with an elderly person or someone with a decreased immune system, you absolutely want one in the rooms they sleep in.
Will Bed Bug Plug eliminate bed bugs?
Not directly. Bed Bug Plug is an early bed bug detection device designed to capture and identify bed bugs early, before you have an infestation that can cost thousands of dollars.
Do I need a Bed Bug Plug after I’ve already had a treatment for Bed Bugs?
Yes. Bed Bug Plug can help you avoid another costly treatment through early detection. Most people don’t detect bed bugs in their home for 5 to 7 months and sometimes even longer, and by that time, it may be too late.
Can I travel with Bed Bug Plug?
Bed Bug Plug is 100% portable and you can take it with you when you travel to detect bed bugs in hotel rooms, campers/RVs, rented homes etc. Bed Bug Plug makes sure you only come home with good memories.
Does Bed Bug Plug need to be visible in my home?
No. Bed Bug Plug is specifically designed to be hidden out of sight. Our unique mounting system makes it easy to mount behind a headboard, dresser or other piece of furniture, and you can easily remove the device without damaging the wall or furniture.
Is it safe? Does Bed Bug Plug use any harmful chemicals or poisons?
Bed Bug Plug is 100% safe and uses no toxic chemicals to detect bed bugs and capture them.
How long do the cartridges last?
The cartridges are designed to last 90 days depending on usage. To order replacement cartridges, click here.
Is there a guarantee?
Yes! If you’re not satisfied for any reason, return the Bed Bug Plug within 90 days for a full refund of the purchase price, no questions asked!
Are there multiple unit discounts?
Yes, there are discounts for purchasing multiple units. If you need more than 10 please contact us for larger quantity discounts.